Thursday, December 12, 2013

The People for a Controversial Topic Dealing with Bearded Dragons- Supplying the Pet Trade with Beardies

Pro "wild catching":
Because the act of catching wild bearded dragons and importing them to different countries is illegal, I could not find any supporters when covering with this topic. If I did find a group that supported the catching and importing of these reptiles, I would tell them that I understand that these animals are extremely popular as exotic pets and it is easy to supply the public with them through catching them in the wild. I would also explain that I understand that because populations in the wild are stable and plentiful, it would sustainably be acceptable to take them from the wild in order to provide them to the pet trade. If this act were ever to be legalized again, in order to ease the concerns of those who are against this activity, importation techniques could be improved on in order to improve their welfare during the transportation process. The capturers could also keep records on how many bearded dragons they are catching and from where to ensure that they are not depleting wild populations.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment